Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Monday 21 July 2014

Delivery of 48 Sunshine Blankets today!

Hi everyone!

001



Welcome to 'SIBOL!',

Over the past few weeks I have been getting our beautiful 'Sunshine Blankets' ready for the next Home delivery. It's amazing how soon we gather together another 48! Our 'Sunshine Blankets' have been sent in from all over the world this time from Japan, Singapore and Spain not to mention the UK.   I am always very surprised when Ladies want to send to me from far off countries and it just shows how terribly kind Ladies in the Crafting  Community are. I am always very grateful and I know the Staff and Residents in the Homes really appreciate them. So thank you.

The Home I visited today was Cole Valley Nursing Home, Kings Heath, Birmingham  near to where I live. Michele is the Manager there and she was very pleased to accept our  Blankets.

Delivery Day 'Cole Valley Nursing Home', Birmingham . [48]


photo.JPG

I now have a helper my dear 'Mr. T' without him today those boxes would have been pretty heavy I have to say. Packed with such beautiful Blankets I know that each one is going to brighten someone's day. 

I know a lot of work goes in to each Blanket and I'm still amazed that you
still want to support the project after all these years. If you didn't know 'SIBOL' was started in January 2010 and my original intention was to make 6. We have now made 789! 
Of course the project was started in Memory of my Grandmother who lived to the fine age of 103!

Cole Valley would like to thank everyone for these gorgeous Blankets their Residents are going to love them. 

A big thank you from me too!

If you would like to ask me anything please contact me on
sueatpigsty@talktalk.net

I'm Sue

Bye for now x




No comments:

Post a Comment