Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Thursday 15 May 2014

700 Sunshine Blankets have now been made for the ELderly!

Good Morning,

I am very pleased to be telling you that yesterday we reached our 700th Sunshine Blanket. What an achievement! Our Group was started in January 2010 and since then we have been working very hard indeed trying to bring a little Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.  It's always such a pleasure to hand deliver your Blankets and I know where each and every Blanket has found it's home.

Yesterday I received 'Sunshine Blankets' from Pippa and Chalky's World and with this bumper delivery we actually clocked up 704 Blankets. So well done to both of you and thanks to everyone else who has supported the SIBOL Project.

The Blankets that I receive are always so different and I can honestly say that no two are the same. Made lovingly by all of you they give a great deal of comfort to an Elderly person.  On my visit to Willow Grange on Monday it was really lovely to see some of our Blankets already in use. I looked around the Lounge of the Home and noticed quite a few on the laps of the Residents so I can tell you first hand how useful they are.

May I show you the Blankets that I received yesterday.

002


Decorated with Ribbons and Butterflies these surely are going to be loved.

005


007


009


008

What a great way to use the Granny Square! The next Blanket was actually a 'take a bag' that Chalky's World has put together for me. The border finishes it off beautifully. Thank you so much for your help Chalky's World and also for sending Ribbon to me which will be very useful!

006


001



(Candle dish from Ikea).

Have you ever popped over to Chalky's World? Here's the Link. Her Blog is well worth a visit so please pop over.

The other Blanket that I received was from Pippa. This is a very pretty Knitted Blanket and the Squares were made by Irene our 90 year old SIBOLETTE. A lovely set of Squares and a beautiful border make this another stunning 'Sunshine Blanket'. I love the colours in this one.

003


004

Well a wonderful selection of Blankets thank you both so...much!

Once again Congratulations to you all!

x Sue  x

No comments:

Post a Comment