Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Thursday 6 February 2014

Lots to see today!

Good Afternoon,

Welcome to the 'SIBOL' Blog.

I have a lot to show you once again today. This morning I popped round to see one of our 'SIBOLETTES' Pippa who lives quite near to me. She has very kindly made a 'Sunshine Blanket' for the Elderly and also a Wheelchair Wrap. As you know we are currently making Shawls for the Elderly and the one she has made is absolutely perfect. The 'Sunshine Blanket' has been made with scraps of yarn and what a brilliant idea. It's so bright and colourful.

Let's take a look at them now.


030

Decorated with our Butterflies and Ribbon once again a beautful gift for an Elderly person.

019



018


What a lot to look at in this Blanket. It's gorgeous!

Pippa also made a Wheelchair Wrap for the Homes.

033


017


I think the pocket finishes it off so well and I love the colours used. Perfect thank you so much Pippa.
It was lovely to see you today thank you so much.

When I got back home the Postman had been. Parcels from Gwyneth and Sally.

First of all we have a beautiful Shawl made by Sally.

032



022


I love the lighter shades at the top running through to the darker at the bottom.
Another beautiful Shawl  for the Elderly. Thank you so much for making it
for us Sally.

Two fantastic Blankets also for the Elderly.

641 Sally

027

026

Small Squares in the centre with a very striking border.
I love this one.

Then we have this one.

640 Sally thank you!

024


025



Wow! Amazing! Thank you so much. I'm sure the Elderly are going to love them. So interesting to look at don't you think?

What a treat today!  The excitement doesn't stop there. We have a pretty one from Gwyneth.I love the pastel colours.

639 'Gwyneth C' thank you.


021


020

Just love the colours in this one.
I know a lot of work has gone into this Blanket too thank you Gwyneth.

I'm very grateful to Pippa, Sally and Gwyneth for the beautiful Blankets and Shawls received today.
It is always so lovely to receive what you have made. 

I still get terribly excited on opening your parcels. Each Blanket I receive is so different and it's nice to know that 'SIBOL' is a place where we can be creative and practice our Knitting and Crocheting Skills.

I know the Homes I visit always appreciate everything we have made for them.

The 8th February is the last date I can receive Blankets for a while as I am having my Kitchen installed. I will advise you when I'm ready again to accept.

May I thank everyone who has made a Shawl or  a Blanket I'm very grateful to you for supporting the 'SIBOL' project.

Thank you

x Sue x 

2 comments:

  1. So many beautiful shawls and blankets, I love Sally's a simple design but so effective. I forgot about the butterfly's! I will have to make some of them too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a lot of Butterflies here in our Butterfly Stash. So I just added to the Shawls and Blankets. But of course if you want to try making them that's great.
      www.netspets.blogspot.com
      (older posts) for Butterfly tutorial.
      Thanks Linda.
      x

      Delete