Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Wednesday 13 November 2013

For your information.

Good evening and Welcome!

I have noticed on my Live Traffic Feed that we are getting a lot of visitors from Loving Hands. I would like to welcome you all to 'SIBOL'.

'SIBOL' was formed in January 2010 and we have now made 587 'Sunshine Blankets' for the Elderly. With the help of Ladies worldwide we have made some beautiful Blankets. If you have time why not scroll down and have a look at them.

I would just like to let you know if you are new to the Blog that I collect 6" Crocheted or Knitted Squares throughout the year. These are then made in to our Sunshine Blankets. However, if you would like to make a Blanket to donate to the project I would be happy to receive it too.

Blankets sizes should not be any smaller than 36" Square. Anything upwards is fine. Our usual Blankets comprise of 25 = 6" Squares Knitted or Crocheted with a 1 to 2" border. Of course the size depends on what joining method you use.

You can of course make a Large Granny Square using your odd scraps of yarn  or make a Blanket of any other design.  'SIBOL' is a place where you can try new skills, maybe you've seen something new on You Tube you'd like to try. Well please do.

Our 'Sunshine Blankets' have always been very well received in the Homes. Ideal to throw over an Elderly person's lap to give comfort and actually they have always been talking points in the Homes too.

You can be assured if you send Squares to myself here at 'SIBOL HQ', they will be definitely made into a Blanket by myself or one of our 'SIBOLETTE's'.  I never discard any, every Square is welcomed. I never sell any of our Blankets either only the special Charity ones which we make to raise for Charities. That is the same for a donated Blanket too. I hand deliver Blankets and I know where each one has found a Home.

We really have some talented Ladies in the UK and worldwide and with your help we have made a difference to an Elderly persons life. So please think of 'SIBOL' if you are thinking of Crocheting or Knittiing for a Charity.

In finishing I have to say that we have been really busy all year round and I just need a wee break due to Christmas etc., So....my last date for accepting Squares this year is the 30th November. That is the same for accepting Blankets too. I shall be out delivering our Blankets first week of December so unfortunately I can't accept any more after that date. But there is nothing to stop you from making Squares and Blankets throughout November and December and sending them to me in the New Year. I'd be very happy to receive them.

If there is anything you'd like to discuss with me about our 'Sunshine Blankets'  please email Sue on sueatpigsty@talktalk.net

I thought I'd just put you in the picture. Many thanks ....Oh I've just thought why not join our RAVERLY Group here's the Link.

May I take this opportunity of thanking everyone for their help throughout the year.

Bye for now and thanks for visiting!

x Sue x







No comments:

Post a Comment