Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Monday 18 November 2013

Delivery Day soon comes around!

Good Morning and thanks for visiting 'SIBOL',

I'm very pleased to be telling you that today is one of our Delivery Days.  I had originally thought that I would go out on my Deliveries first week of December but as the Blankets were piling up in my room I thought I would start taking some out.

Today I am visiting the 'Hasbury Residential  Care Home' in Kings Norton,  Birmingham.

Over the last few days I have been getting the Blankets ready to take out. Once again don't they look lovely decorated with our famous Butterflies and Ribbons? It's always such fun getting them altogether for our photos.

004


There are 24 'Sunshine Blankets' here ready for the off.

On arriving at the Home I met Margaret and members of Staff. I am always so proud of our Blankets and it is always lovely to be able to tell the Homes about our work.  I can't believe we have now made 590 since January 2010.

I explained how the project was started in Memory of my Grandmother and Margaret took great interest in our Blankets. I lay them out on her table and she looked very carefully at quite a few of the Blankets.  She fell in love with each one I laid out. How can you have a favourite when each one is just so beautiful? Margaret told me how very useful the Blankets would be. All of the Homes I visit are not cold at all but she agreed with me that there are always times when a Blanket is needed. To throw around shoulders, lay over a lap or even lay at the bottom of a bed to give an extra layer of warmth.   The nicest thing about our Blankets as I have said many times before is that each one is unique. They all have their own names too and actually the Blanket made by joyce28 'Picking Daisies' is going to be given to a Lady who has the name 'Daisy'.

When I started the project in January 2010, I wanted to be able to give a Blanket to an Elderly person who may not have any visitors and I'm sure Margaret will be able to pass on our Blankets to someone in this situation. It will be lovely for them to know that someone has sat and made a Blanket for them, thinking of them and I'm  hoping this will give them a great deal of comfort.  My Grandmother was indeed very lucky She had family and friends visiting her very often and it certainly brightened her day up knowing that someone cared about her.

I have some photos to show you now of my visit.

012


014


015


It's always lovely to show the Homes our Blankets.

I would like to thank Margaret and Staff for welcoming me into their Care Home and they would like to thank you all too for the beautiful Blankets.



Our 'Sunshine Blankets' continue to pile up and today I  have had two new ones arrive.  They have been very kindly made and donated by Glenda. What amazing Blankets they are too! Glenda you have put such a lot of work into these Blankets I am very grateful to you. I shall put these with the other ones I have upstairs and will be taking them out very soon. I know these too are going to be loved by the Elderly.

019


020

Details about the Square for you!

The pattern is called ‘Scrap Afghan’ by Joyce Messenger, it can be found on here.
http://www.freepatterns.com/detail.html?code=FC00071&cat_id=298

Or over on RAVELRY here.

Even these two are different. Thank you! A Slide Show for you now Glenda!


Created with flickr slideshow.

Well that's all for today, thanks for your help once again.

x Sue x

UP-DATE

I thought you would like to read the email I have received this evening from Hasbury Residential Care Home.


My name is Sally Chundoo and I am the care manager for the above-named home. 
Today you made 24 of my residents very happy indeed !!! Your gifts of these vibrant colour blankets have put a huge smile on each and everyone’s face. Their gifts have been the focus of conversation all afternoon and no doubt for many more days ahead !!! 
I had never heard of SIBOL prior to this and may I take this opportunity to thank and congratulate the international community for their efforts and time !!!! 
It certainly cheered my folks !!! 
Keep up the good work and a huge thank you from us all …

I am very grateful to Sally for this email. It's lovely to know that our work is appreciated. Thanks everyone!

x Sue x 

1 comment: