Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Friday 25 October 2013

'Derbyshire Dallying'.

Good Evening,

006


I am a little late blogging today because I have felt wishy washy all day with a headache and I haven't been able to come on line too much. It's starting to pass over  now so I thought I would take some photos quickly of Liztelf's Blanket before it gets dark.  Yes a beautiful Blanket arrived at lunchtime and I'm very happy to be receiving it.  Liztelf has recently learnt how to do flat braiding and she has put this new skill to test.

004


 That's the nice thing about 'SIBOL', it's a place where we can show our 'creative skills'.  The Blanket is called ' 'Derbyshire Dallying' and it's a superb Blanket made in very rich colours.
Let's take a look at it now.

005


I love the Granny Squares they measure 6" and the border is roughly 2". With the flat braiding the Blanket is approximately 38". I am often asked what size Blanket should you  make and this Blanket is a  perfect size. Anything under 36" is really a little too small.  Of course if you want to make your own Blanket of any design you like please feel free to make the Blanket even larger. You can also join the Squares how-ever you like please don't think that you have to 'flat braid' them. Whatever suits you is absolutely fine. Thank you. Please see SIBOL CHALLENGES here's the link.

There is never any pressure to do anything with 'SIBOL' please feel free to do whatever you want. If you want to make Squares only then please make sure they are 6". We do prefer Crocheted ones, but we will accept Knitted ones if this is a problem. I have to put a deadline on these too now. The latest I can accept Squares is 30th November due to Christmas. I wont have much time to be taking photos etc leading up to Christmas as I shall be getting ready for Christmas I hope this is okay, thank you.

I am aiming now to deliver our last set of Blankets to a local Home first week of December. So if possible may I have donated Blankets in by 30th November. If  you are making a large amount of Squares would you be able to assemble them yourself and send the finished Blanket to me. As Christmas is approaching we are all going to be pushed for time and I so want to clear the decks so to speak before we end the year. We have all been working so hard for the Elderly all year and I am very grateful to everyone.

002


This really is lovely. I found some Cream Butterflies to decorate the Blanket and also some wired Ribbon. I had just about enough to tie the Blanket up. We also attach cards to our Blankets when we deliver them to the Homes. They always look lovely.

I would like to thank Sally and the Ladies on RAVELRY for helping me assemble the Knitted Squares I have recently had in from Irene and Pat. This really is going to help me because I have a Home in mind and they have 24 Residents. It would be perfect if we could get them each a Blanket before Christmas.
I love visiting the Homes and you can read about some of my visits down the right hand scroll bar and also on previous posts. It means a lot to be able to have some photos of the Residents receiving their Blankets they really do love them.  With the weather changing too I know they will be useful. Not that the Homes are cold mind you far from it, but who doesn't like to snuggle under a Blanket or throw one over their legs. Often the Elderly are on medication which makes them cold and having a nice Blanket to give them comfort really helps them.

If you would like to have a go at the Butterflies they are really easy to make. Here's the Link to Netties Blog in Australia. A very easy video tutorial for you to try.  It's nice to keep our stocks up so please feel free to have a go. We also need Ribbons too, so if over Christmas you have any on Gifts that you receive please think of SIBOL. The Elderly really love a Blanket that is decorated  with Ribbon.

I think that's about all. Oh just to tell you that we have a Group over on RAVERLY and if you would like to pop over and read the threads please feel free to do so. Why not join us? We'd love to have you as a Member. Here's the Link.

Our new Challenges will be announced in the New Year and these will be different from the usual ones. We will be making Blankets using certain Squares. So for instance we might decide on a Square from the Jan Eaton Book and everyone will make the same one. We've had fun already doing the Willow Square for instance. So I hope you will stay tuned.

If there is anything you would like to ask me about Squares or Blankets please feel free to contact me. We have had a few new Ladies mail me over the last few days and it's always nice to answer any questions you have.

I'm off to do tea now, many thanks Liz. I love your beautiful Blanket. Thanks to everyone for visiting 'SIBOL' this evening.

x Sue x




No comments:

Post a Comment