Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Monday 12 August 2013

Delivery Day has arrived again!

Good Morning,

We have now clocked up 498 'Sunshine Blankets' since January 2010, two more off the big '500!'. I am very grateful to everyone that has supported the 'SIBOL' project over the years without you we couldn't have achieved what we have done.

'SIBOL' is a place where we can share our 'creativity'. It's nice that we can share our love of Crocheting and Knitting but at the same time do something really worthwhile for the Elderly. Today is another of my 'Delivery Days'. Even after reaching nearly 500 I STILL get terribly nervous approaching the Homes, but that's just me! There is no need I know because everyone is always so welcoming.

This morning I 'googled' Care Homes in 'Birmingham'. A long list once again came up. Which one do I choose today? What do I look for? Well before searching I count how many Blankets I have. Today's count was 26, I can't believe we have made that many already. I telephoned 'Victoria Lodge Care Home' in Acocks Green and spoke to Anne. The Manager at the time was in a meeting.  I explained to Anne we had made enough Blankets for her home and asked if she would like a donation for her Residents.  She was very pleased to accept them so I asked if I could pop up straight away.

Here's a photo of the Home.

victoria lodge


It was a funny road sort of split into two. My sat nav seemed to be taking me in silly circles so I stopped and asked a man walking if he knew where it was. Of course I was cursing the sat nav as you do! I carried on and came to the home on my left. The entrance to the Home was a little tight as there was a parked car at the side of the road but  I managed to get a space right by the front door. I was met by a member of Staff who helped me carry the boxes in which was really nice of her then I met Anne and she introduced me to the Manager in charge. (Sorry at this point I have forgotten her name......not very professional am I!). Anyway I put the boxes down on the floor by the tables and first of all I pulled out Jennifer's Blanket 'A Ray of Sunshine'. The Staff absolutely loved the Blanket and the Manager said, 'You can just feel the love in this Blanket'. I passed on the little card that Jennifer had written and they were over the moon with it. But it wasn't just that one they loved. They loved them all! It was a lovely thing we do I was told. The Manager just couldn't believe that we had made so many and she  kept saying 'You can feel the Love in these Blankets' and how lovely!  After Jennifer's it was one of Kathys which they loved too. Of course I couldn't undo them all!  I explained about our Charity Blankets too and the money that we had raised for Breast Cancer, Alzheimer's etc.,  and she really was so surprised. The SIBOL project was started in my Grandmothers' Memory so of course I had to tell her about my Nan. She was really interested in every thing we do and of course the Residents were admiring the Blankets too while we were speaking. After lunch they are going to make a special point of getting together and distributing the Blankets for us. I've walked out on a high I am so terribly proud of you all and I said this a couple of times too! It makes everything seem so worthwhile, the hours of uploading photos, blogging etc., Delivery Day is just the best!

Here are a couple of photos for you now.

002


(The Manager on the left).

001


OOh, just realised I never had one taken! :(  Sorry about that. Not as though you want to see me anyway. I paid £73.00 for a perm the other day and it's an absolute flop. I rang up and on Wednesday they are doing it again for me. I didn't forget on purpose and that's the truth.

Anyway, I have been promised some photos of the Blankets being given to the Residents this afternoon so I wait patiently and as soon as I receive them I will load them up.

I would like to thank everyone at Victoria Lodge Care Home for being so welcoming. There was no need to be nervous at all. As soon as I walked through the door I knew instantly  it was a lovely Home, everyone was so friendly and indeed most importantly very caring to their Residents which is really really lovely. I do hope the Blankets will give a lot of comfort to them. Oh apparently they have film nights where they all snuggle up under Blankets so they are going to look a pretty bunch don't you think!

I would also like to thank you for supporting 'SIBOL'. Your Squares are always so lovely and your Blankets too have all been made with such a lot of love. So thank you all very much!

If you would like to see some photos of the Home please follow this link.

I had a great morning and when I came back my post had arrived. Squares from liztelf today for our 'What a Wonderful World' Challenge.  I still need 16 Squares and if you would like to take part please pop over to SIBOL CHALLENGES. 

Let's take a look now at Squares from liztelf. Beautiful thank you so much!


004




Well I think that's all for now. Oh I would just like to say thanks to the new Ladies for enquiring about our SIBOL project. It's always lovely to have new 'SIBOLETTES!'.

x Sue x


No comments:

Post a Comment