Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Wednesday 19 June 2013

Join us in our Challenge for Macmillan Nursing.

Hi everyone!

We had such fun taking part in the 2012 "Jersey Textile Showcase"  with our Blanket

'Your Local Landscape' Blanket has raised £95.00 for Jersey Mencap. Thank you!


"Your Local Landscape" when it raised £95.00 for Jersey Mencap. I was wondering if you would like to help me make a Blanket for next years exhibition. The theme is 'Festivals'.

So I am inviting you to make a 6" Crocheted or Knitted Square with this in mind.

Where-ever you live in the World each country holds it's own Festivals.
If you 'Google' - 'Festivals' you will find lists of various ones held.
You know the sort of thing  Music, Wine, Book, Film, Steam, Religious, etc

Here's a link giving you some ideas.

REQUIREMENTS

6" Crocheted or Knitted Square.
Acrylic yarn. 
Festival theme Picture Square
Lots of colour!
With each Square please enclose a note enclosing details about the Square you have made so I can enclose a sheet with the Blanket.

DEADLINE END NOVEMBER 2013.

The Blanket will go on exhibition in the Gallery at the Harbour in Jersey for the duration of the show and then it will be sold to raise funds for Macmillan Nursing here in the UK.

Our Blanket will  not be entered in to the Competition they are holding it will be purely for exhibiting and fund-raising.

There are lots of details about the Jersey Textile Showcase on here

Enquiries Sue on sueatpigsty@talktalk.net or RAV mail me 'MrsTwins'

I do hope we can help them raise some money for this worthwhile cause.

Thanks everyone!

 x Sue x

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sue,
    I see my Stone MOuntain square in that blanket from last year for Jersey.
    How in the world did I do that? I have no idea!!
    I LOVE all the blankets that are being made and sent to you, fantastic! Hope you are well!
    Love,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete