Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Friday 7 December 2012

Blankets arrive from Spain!

Good Afternoon!

First of all thank you all very much for the emails and kind comments on our 'SIBOL' deliveries. I am so pleased that you managed to read about my visits to the homes.

It's pretty quiet here at SIBOL HQ, I've just had my lap top back and boy did I miss it! I was allowed on my Husbands' computer but it's not the same. It came back just in time for me to show you three Blankets which have arrived from Sonieta and her Mummy in Spain. They are both in love with Grannies at the moment and have made so many Squares that they have assembled them in to Blankets for our Elderly here in the UK. What kind Ladies! Thank you both so much. The Blankets are made in such wonderful colours and it is an absolute pleasure to receive them.

They have sent me 5 Blankets in total now and 3 have just been delivered to Cotteridge House in Birmingham. Thank you both.

Let's take a look at the Blankets now.



Created with flickr slideshow.
 
Absolutely stunning thank you both so...much!
 
 
On Wednesday I had a visit from Ann and her Daughter. She very kindly bought me some Knitting from Vera the 86 yr old Lady from 'Grey Cables Home'.  It's nice that Vera has a purpose now.


001

 
Ann and her Daugher wanted to have a look at our Challenge Blankets especially the Liquorice Allsorts Blanket. They thought they were all amazing!
 
Thank you for bringing Vera's work Ann it was lovely to meet you both.
 
Unfortunately, I am unable to load the photo up. I will try tomorrow, sorry!
 
Thanks for visiting 'SIBOL' today!
 
 
x Sue x
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Howdy! Do yοu uѕе Twitter? I'd like to follow you if that would be ok. I'm undoubtedly enjоying уour blog anԁ
    loοk forwаrd tο nеw updаtes.
    Review my blog post ; http://keepyourlovedone.com/

    ReplyDelete