Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Wednesday 7 November 2012

Blankets from the Netherlands!

Good Afternoon everyone!

I wrote an earlier post showing you Lesley's wonderful blanket that I received this morning, but I've had to come back on to the SIBOL Blog because I have had three more blankets arrive this afternoon by courier. They have arrived from Fiona on RAVERLY.  I do hope you will scroll down and have a look at Lesley's blanket. It was so pretty!  I have to load the blankets up more or less as soon as they arrive or else I will get behind.

Fiona has worked so hard for SIBOL this year making her own blankets and indeed making Squares up for me and today I received two blankets back which were from our 'take a bag' thread. This is where our SIBOLETTES have been giving me a hand get up to date with our blankets. I am very grateful to everyone that has given me a hand with them also.  Not only did I receive back 'two take a bags' but......I have received 'Think Pink 3' back. Fiona has very kindly assembled 25 Squares for me and very soon  I will be putting the blanket up for sale on the SIBOL Blog.  I will be inviting you to take part in a 'Silent Auction' so you can possibly own one of our Think  Pinks! OOh, what an exciting afternoon I am having and I thought it was going to be quiet. I was planning to get the border finished this afternoon on Irish Rose, but I have been busy taking photos and loading up.....I will show you now what's come in from our dear Fiona.

Thanks to everyone who contributed Squares for this blanket!


Fiona has assembled these 25 Squares so...well, just take a look at them. Wonderful Squares from all over the World, thanks so much everyone for sending them in to me.

Then we have some Black and White Squares, not enough to make a blanket but Fiona has worked her magic with these Squares and she has added her own mark to them. What a fantastic blanket! Oooh, it's one of those afternoons where I am sitting here bubbling over with excitement!

Thanks to everyone for these Squares and thanks Fiona too!


This one is called 'Silver Cross' can you see why? Another beautiful blanket Fiona! Thanks so....much for all your hard work on these 'take a bag' Squares!

I am going to keep you in suspense for 'Think Pink' (3). It will be showcased shortly.....Can you wait? I hope so.

Let's have a closer look now at these blankets!



Created with flickr slideshow.


Before I go....Judith of 'The Wool Stop' has very kindly given me a link for some Knitted and Crocheted Square patterns. Apparently Big Issue are using them for their Knitathon.  Why not make some for Big Issue or maybe ......SIBOL?  Please keep them though until I am accepting Stash Squares which wont be too long now. Or perhaps  make a SIBOL Blanket with them.

Thanks Judith!

x Sue x

1 comment:

  1. HI SUE , HOPE YOU ARE WELL , BEAUTIFUL BLANKETS SEWN UP BY FIONA , U ARE DOING LOVELY BLANKETS AS EVER, HAVNT SPOKE FOR A WHILE BUT BEEN BUSY AS IM SURE U ARE TOO HUNI , GOD BLESS YOU SUE AND ALL AT SIBOL LOVE MEL K1 P1 PROJECT XXXX

    ReplyDelete