Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Thursday 25 October 2012

Busy day!

Good Evening to you all!

I'm very pleased to be showing you some gorgeous Squares. They have been made by Bev and 'Daphne' and they are just so pretty.

 First of all a fantastic Square for our Owl Blanket. This has arrived from Bev and I am terribly grateful to you. My Owl Blanket will have 36 Squares and is larger than our other Blankets. I have just one space waiting for this Square and tonight I will place it with the others. I hope it won't be too long before I can show you the finished Blanket.

baw1812 (Bev) Your Owl Square has flown in! Thank you!


|I love the background Square  Bev, great colours and I don't think your little Owl is drunk! :) A joke over on RAVELRY! Thanks very much.

I have four other Squares to show you. They have arrived from Daphne. I am very grateful to you for taking part in our Challenges. We have 2 - Think Pink, and 2 beautiful Daffodil Squares.  Let's take a look at them.

Think Pink (5) are beautiful! many thanks!


Marie Curie Cancer Care Daffodil Challenge.

Daphne (UK) Your Squares have arrived! Thank you!



These are really lovely Squares and I know they are going to look great in our Marie Curie Daffodil Blankets. Thank you Daphne!

This morning I went to see Pippa. Pippa lives quite near to me, and it was nice to catch up on her news. Several weeks ago she met up with Chalky from the MSE Forum while she was away on holiday in Devon. Chalky very kindly offered to make up 4 'take a bags' for me and Pippa has very kindly delivered them back to me. I did have a look at them while I was at Pippa's and they are so pretty. Knitted Squares from the Craft Groups in the UK but with a Crocheted join and border. Chalky has made an excellent job for me and has also sent another Blanket called 'Wisteria'.

I took 'Over the Rainbow' with me to show Pippa. She loved the Blanket Joyce. Can you see it in the header photo?

As I was late back this afternoon I shall take photos tomorrow hopefully.  Pippa also made up 2 - 'take a bags' for me and once again they have been assembled beautifully. I can't wait to show you all my goodies. Blankets, Butterflies, Roses and even Chutney from Chalky! Wonderful! Thank you both so much!

~Three bags full from pippa. Have to wait until tomorrow now it's going a little dark to take photos.


Thank you for the cups of tea Pippa, nice to see your Hubbie too!

I'll be back with the photos as soon as possible, thank you for popping in to SIBOL today!

x Sue x

No comments:

Post a Comment