Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Saturday 6 October 2012

Are you interested in Freeform?

Good Morning and Welcome to 'SIBOL',

I am very pleased to tell you that we have a mini challenge going on over on RAVELRY. 'creativegranny' is collecting Squares for a special Freeform Challenge. This is all new to us, many of our Ladies are trying Freeform for the first time. Have you tried Freeform before? If the answer is yes or no, why not pop over on the link and put your name down.  We are inviting you  to join us.

I am very pleased to be showing you a Freeform Square that came in today from joyce28.
'Freeform Challenge'. - Do you want to join us? Also her Snowman Square. Not one Snowman but two! Mind you they could be 'Mr &; Mrs' maybe? Beautiful Square joyce28, I love the red background too.

'Snowman Challenge' - thank you!

joyce28 Your Squares arrived today!


Thank you joyce28, the Squares are superb! I love them.

I am very pleased to be telling you that I have sent some Knitted Blankets out to Age Concern who are desperately in need of them for their Elderly folk.   I have sent them off and I have been promised some photos of the Staff receiving them, so I will show you in due course.  We hand deliver our Blankets to Nursing and Care Homes mainly but it is nice to help other organisations too from time to time.

I have well over 30 Blankets ready to go out now, and these will be given out in the next couple of months.
All my Stash Squares have been asssembled apart from a few which are out to 'SIBOLETTES' for the final making up.  I only have Challenge Squares here now which I'm busy making up and I shall be keeping these here for next year when I visit a local Craft evening to do a talk about our work. I shall also be taking along the special 200th Blanket and talk about my Grandmother.

I would like to thank everyone who have been helping me get these Squares assembled. When my Challenge Blankets are made up I shall be taking a short break to get my Blogs up-dated and then we will announce 'what's new - Challenge wise. Maybe you can think of a Challenge that you would like to see happening here on 'SIBOL?'  Please follow the link and tell us.

May I also remind you that we are collecting 6" Knitted and Crocheted Squares with Daffodils designed on them. Would you like to help us? We are collecting Squares hopefully to make Blankets for Marie Curie Cancer Care.  Any queries please contact me on Sue on sueatpigsty@talktalk.net

Thanks for visiting today!

x Sue x

No comments:

Post a Comment