Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Tuesday 23 October 2012

A SIBOL Delivery and Owls flying in!

Good Evening and welcome to 'SIBOL',

I AM  INVITING YOU TO JOIN OUR RAVERLY SIBOL GROUP.


A couple of weeks ago I saw this post on line, and I thought our 'SIBOL' Group could help.

Age UK Waltham Forest are seek knitters to help with supporting older adults in Waltham Forest who are at risk of ill health or death during the cold weather by knitting simple hats, scarves, gloves or squares for blankets. Items received will be distributed to adults we have identified as being at risk as part of a variety of 'warmth packs'.

So I sorted a few 'Sunshine Blankets' out for them. Not many due to our other commitments this year but I'm sure just these few will make a difference to them.




Age UK, Waltham Forest sent me an email thanking you all and they very kindly took a few photos for me.
"Just wanted to say a huge thank you for the blankets - we have opened them today. They are absolutely beautiful!"




We were so hard all year for the Elderly in Nursing Homes, but there are other people who need blankets too. It's nice to help others who really are at risk during the Winter months.
Thank you so much for these photos Age UK, I am so pleased that you like them and that you will find a good home for them.
I would like to thank everyone who helped me put these Blankets together for them.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am very pleased to direct you over to Ravelry 'theemuts'.
As you know we are presently collecting  6" Daffodil Squares Knitted and Crocheted' for our special Marie Curie Cancer Care Challenge. We aim to make 9 Daffodil Blankets which hopefully will be donated to the 9 Marie Curie Cancer Care Hospices throughout the UK. 
'theemuts' has very kindly written out a pattern with photos too for a gorgeous Crocheted Daffodil Square.
Now she is prepared to send the file over to you, but if she does you must promise to make at least 'ONE'
Square and send it on to 'SIBOL' for their special Challenge.
If you are interested then please follow the link over to 'theemuts' on RAVELRY. Leave your email address on a RAV mail and the file will be sent to you. If you should need any help at all,  'theemuts' will be very pleased to help you or one of our other 'SIBOLETTES' over on RAVELRY.
Joanna has today sent me her Squares which she has tested for 'theemuts'.  They are wonderful Squares Joanna, and I am terribly grateful to you. Thank you! The pattern is certainly a success! Thanks also 'theemuts'.

 (Sorry about my footie!)

Joanna also sent in her Owl Square.
A lovely design and I think the variegated yarn is perfect for this little fella!

Another great Square for our Owl Challenge from bonsall. Love the background colours on this Granny Square. Certainly make this a colourful Owl!
I'm really grateful to everyone, thank you so much!
x Sue x

No comments:

Post a Comment