Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Wednesday 5 September 2012

'Colour!'

Hi everyone!

I'm sorry I am late posting today, I've been waiting for the sun to go in.......fancy me having to say that! We shouldn't complain but it does play havoc with photos!  I have been longing to show you two blankets which arrived this morning.  'insearchofme' on the MSE Knitting Forum very kindly offered to give me a hand making the blankets up. I sent her two bags of knitted squares and today in the post I received these two little beauties back!

Thanks to the Craft Groups that sent these squares. Thanks to 'insearchofme' for assembling for me.


'insearchofme' has very kindly assembled these Craft group squares for me. Thank you.

Thank you very much to the Craft Groups who kindly sent these squares in to me. 'insearchofme' has added some beautiful Butterflies and also Flower embellishments. Haven't they turned out well? I am really, really pleased with them.

I went outside to my 'yarnbombing' tree and took some photos of the two blankets. My garden has been looking pretty bare, the plants died off early due to all the rain, and for weeks now I've had nothing to brighten up my garden. So without added expense of buying anymore I decided to 'yarnbomb' my tree. Instant colour don't you think? I had such fun attaching some old Butterflies of mine and some birdies which I made a couple of years ago.  I basically raided my work box, and had a dig around to see what I could find. It's surprising when you look, odd Flowers  here and there that had no particular use until now. Anything I could find I attached it to my tree. Why don't you do yours? Of course 'Mr. Twins' had a little shock on his return home from work last night. Oh well nevermind!

I have made a Slide Show of these two beautiful blankets and I just want to say to 'insearchofme' that I am terribly grateful for your help. You have assembled these blankets so nicely, I love the borders and I love the joining between squares, superb! Thank you.



Created with flickr slideshow.




I am certainly picking up some useful tips from the Ladies that are helping me with 'take a bag', and we are definitely starting to get down them now.

I would also like to thank mandas' challenges for the 'Musical Challenge' squares which arrived today. What good ideas! I love them thank you! Let's take a look at them now.

mandas challenges. 'Musical Challenge' thank you!

Great for our Challenge, thank you!


I do hope you have enjoyed looking at our latest blankets. If there is anything you want to know about our blankets please feel free to mail me Sue on sueatpigsty@talktalk.net

Maybe you have some time on your hands now, and feel that you would like to crochet or knit for a good cause why not join our 'SIBOL' Rav Group?


Thanks for visiting this evening!

 x Sue x

No comments:

Post a Comment