Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Monday 23 July 2012

A Slide Show of beautiful blankets, Challenge squares and Butterflies!

Good morning everyone!

I'm very pleased to be showing you some Challenge squares this morning. They have arrived from Linda in Belgium. We do still need squares for our Challenges and Linda has made a square for our  'Musical Challenge' and our 'One Heart From Around The World' Challenge. These squares are great Linda thanks ever so much.

Here they are.......

Musical Challenge Square. Great!



One Heart From Around The World. Thank you!


It's always so....... nice to receive Butterflies for our Butterfly stash too. They really finish the blankets off beautifully and if you want to make any please...do!  Linda these ones are gorgeous and will be terribly useful it's suprising how many we get through!

Butterflies for our Stash! Thank you! They are gorgeous!


Thank you also for the donated ribbon, very kind of you.



May I remind you we always need 'donated blankets' too. If you haven't got any projects on at the moment and feel that you would like to help us then please visit our Challenge Blog. We aren't taking in any  'stash squares at the moment' but we are also accepting Challenge squares and made up blankets.  We have a few homes to visit in the very near future so your help would be appreciated.

I would like to show you some blankets now. Once again I would like to thank everyone that has donated squares for them. I would like to thank Anne for assembling them for me too. She has made a wonderful job and they are so....pretty!

Let's take a look at them.

Thanks to pippa-anne for assembling this blanket. Thanks to everyone who contributed squares for it too! Beautiful.


Thanks to pippa-anne for assembling. Thanks to everyone for contributing squares for this beauty!


Aren't they lovely?

I would also like to thank Anne for donating this gorgeous Large Granny square to SIBOL.  This one must have taken a lot of work as it is larger than the others. Anne didn't have a use for it, so she thought of SIBOL.

pippa-anne made this blanket and donated to SIBOL. Thank you very much!

I love the borders on the first too and Anne has crocheted my favourite edging on the third one.

I have made a Slide Show now for the three blankets. I hope you enjoy looking at them.



Created with flickr slideshow.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Sue, it's been a while since I dropped by SIBOL, but I see you're still very busy and making a real difference to the elderly residents with your blankets. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete