Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Wednesday 20 June 2012

Introducing SIBOLS 182 & 183!

Good Afternoon!

Welcome to 'SIBOL'.

I have two beautiful SIBOL Blankets to show you today. They have been sent from Fiona in the Netherlands. These Blankets are just so pretty, I love them. A great choice of colours has been used in both Blankets and Fiona has even put  her own little cards on which have Flowers and Butterflies! Fiona has incorporated the Wiggles Square in to both Blankets along with other patterns too. A lot of thought has gone in to these Blankets and also in to the parcel that she sent to me. Yarn, Butterflies, Ribbon , Hearts and even a little Lotus Flower a gift for me. Each tag tells me the name of the Blanket and why she called it that.

The first Blanket is called 'Beach Flowers'.
It reminds her of the sea and the beach in the Netherlands.
'I hope that it will bring some sunshine in to somebody's life'.
She says.

A stunning Blanket don't you think? What a great combination of colours!


The second one which is called 'Jurgen's Sunshine'.

She says, " I called this Blanket ' Jurgen's Sunshine'  in honour of my son Jurgen. (8). A boy full of joy and sunshine with blue eyes and that's why I made this Blanket, blue, orange (nl) and his favourite colour yellow.

I hope that it will bring joy and sunshine in to somebody's life"'.

Wow! A stunning Blanket don't you think? Look at these fantastic Squares!



These two Blankets are just so beautiful. I can tell Fiona is really loving SIBOL. It's giving her a chance to try her Squares out and to make something so worthwhile too.  I'm terribly grateful for the parcel today Fiona and when I make my next delivery these Blankets will go at the top of the pile!.

Now lets' take a look at Fiona's Slide Show!






Created with flickr slideshow.


Today I had a phone call from Jennifer. Jennifer rang my home to tell me that the 'Afternoon Tea' SIBOL had reached it's destination. I am always happy to know that the Blankets have arrived safely if they are ones I can't personally deliver.  This particular Blanket was going to a Lady at Barley Close Care Home, Axminster, Devon. She is unfortunately severely disabled and I have been told that she will love it.

Jennifer very kindly had her photo taken holding the Blanket.

'Afternoon Tea' arrived at Barley Close Care Home, Axminster, Devon for a severly disabled Lady.,

It was so nice to speak to you Jennifer. Jennifer has recently left Barley Close and now works out in the Community but she found time to go back and give the Blanket to the Lady there. Thank you so much.

Well I think that's it for now. Two beautiful Blankets from Fiona 'thank you!' and one Blanket delivered to Devon.

I do hope these Blankets have inspired you to pick up your hook. There are indeed some wonderful Squares in books and the internet and although I have a 'SQUARE STOP' on  at the moment, why not put them into a Blanket for SIBOL? All details are over on SIBOL CHALLENGES.

Thanks for visiting today!

x Sue x

4 comments:

  1. Fiona sure did a great job with those blankets. They both look very nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Por desgracia no se ingles, pero me encanta tu blog. Me gustarĂ­a conocerte. Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fionas blankets are beautiful and a lot of creative thought has gone into them, they will bring sunshine into an elderly persons day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fionas blankets are beautiful and a lot of creative thought has gone into them, they will bring sunshine into an elderly persons day

    ReplyDelete