Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Sunday 3 June 2012

Are you making Squares for SIBOL?

Hello Everyone!

This is a quick note to say that  as from 3rd June I am NOT accepting any 'SIBOL STASH SQUARES' until the beginning of January 2013.  Over the past few months I have been concentrating on the Olympic Blankets and I am slightly behind with my 'Sunshine Blankets for the Nursing Homes'.  I have had quite a high intake of Stash Squares and I really want to be concentrating now on getting these made up.

However, I am still accepting 'Challenge Squares' if you would like to pop over to our Challenge Blog maybe there is a Challenge you would like to take part in.

I really want our SIBOL Group to continue and if you pop over to RAVELRY you will see we have lots of fun over there. Why not take part in SIBOL Swaps, our Butterfly Club, or our 'SIBOL Yarnbombing?' You will see it's not all about Squares there is always plenty to chat about and take part in.

Your support over the past two years has been absolutely wonderful and there is no way I want our Group to finish but I feel it's time for me to say that I just need to slow things down a little. I really hope you all understand. SIBOL is hard work and I have to be realistic in what I can and can't do now.  I really appreciate each and every Square that has been sent to me, they have all been made so beautifully and I'm so lucky to have the opportunity of working with them. Between us we have made 169 'Sunshine Blankets' and that really is something to be proud of.

While you are reading this you may feel disappointed. Well I would like to say there is the opportunity of making your own SIBOL Blanket up. Why not visit our Challenge Blog?

I shall be delivering our Blankets to the Homes over the next month or two and I'm sure they are going to love our Blankets. They are all so 'unique' and I would like to thank everyone that has supported me in our SIBOL Project.

'May our SIBOL Butterflies continue to flutter for a long time!


Butterfly Glitter Graphic for Hi5 twitter & Facebook
Butterfly, Glitter

Forward this Picture


x Sue x


UPATED 3RD JUNE 2012

SIBOLS 170 & 171 are now finished. I would like to thank everyone for the gorgeous Squares used in these Blankets.  They really are so pretty and I am very grateful to you all! Thank you.






Created with flickr slideshow.





Updated - Wednesday 6th June

Thank you very much to 'creativegranny' for sending some Butterflies in to me today! These are always useful.  She also sent me three Red, Blue and White Jubilee Butterflies which I will hang up for her outside 'somewhere' I don't know where yet!

'creativegranny' (UK) BUtterflies for SIBOL.


Thank you 'creativegranny'.

x Sue x

3 comments:

  1. I certainly understand Sue. I am always amazed at the amount of work that you accomplish for SIBOL. Just let us know when you're ready for more squares. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi sue and all at SIBOL gorgeous blankets and square from u all , u are all amazing , hope you ahve all have great jubilee weekend , love to u all mel k1 p1 project xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue, I think we would all agree you need to slow down some, take some time for yourself. You have been going strong now for over two years. Ed4448

    ReplyDelete