Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Saturday 5 May 2012

Yummy Blankets!!

Good Evening Everyone!

Welcome to 'SIBOL'.  I am very pleased to be showing you some gorgeous Blankets that have come in from the MSE Knitting Group. Chalky (Linda) has very kindly assembled lots of Squares that have been sent to her from the Ladies in the Group.  Today she has sent me '8' Blankets and they are absolutely gorgeous! I am so very grateful to everyone that sent Squares to Linda.  The Ladies work very hard for different charities and they are such a great bunch!

I have spent the afternoon raiding the Butterfly, ribbon and embellishment stash to decorate the Blankets and I have thoroughly enjoyed myself! What fun! I am getting low though now so if you want to make any Butterflies then please do. The more 'Butterflies that flutter into Two Times the better!'. It is so nice to decorate the Blankets that we make, they definitely finish everything off!

Here's a link if you want to have a go yourself. My friend Nettie in Australia put up this video tutorial some time ago and it is so...easy! Have a go!

I did mention some weeks ago that I have been asked to do a talk about 'SIBOL' at a local Craft Group next year. I know it's a way off but I thought of taking in some of our Butterflies in a basket to give out to the Ladies. If you want to have a go at making any 'for the basket' then why not put a tag on to the Butterfly saying 'With Love from ?' and maybe your Country too!  This was thought of by Linda (Fatals-attraction) on RAVERLY! She lives in Belgium. Thank you Linda!

I do hope you like the new Blankets which have been donated. These Blankets are so nice.  They will be absolutely ideal for the Elderly Ladies and Gents in the Nursing Homes and I am so grateful to everyone concerned. Our Blankets will be delivered to Nursing Homes in the next few months as soon as I have finsished the Olympic Blankets.

Let's take a look at these  Blankets now!



Created with flickr slideshow.


Between us all we have now made 162 'Sunshine Blankets' for the Elderly in Nursing Homes here in the UK. Our Squares have arrived from all over the World. What an accomplishment! Thanks everyone!

Enjoy the weekend, it's a Bank Holiday here in the UK.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations....;0) that is great.Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How marvelous Sue. You must be so thrilled, these blankets are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete