Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Wednesday 7 March 2012

Final shout out for Olympic Squares! Thursday's Update!

Good Evening Everyone!

I would just like to remind you all that I must receive the Olympic Squares in by 30th March please.
If you are delayed at all please mail me Sue on  sueatpigsty@talktalk.net

We have received so far over 100 Squares and today I have been sorting out them all out. They truly are beauties each and every one of them. I am planning to start assembling the Olympic Blanket as soon as I possibly can after the deadline in March. I also have 100 Flags coming over from the States so this is going to be well over 200 Squares!

Around the time of the Olympics in the Summer, the Olympic Blanket will then be auctioned on EBAY by Lottie who is our 'EBAY Co-Ordinator'. As you know she recently took charge of auctioning our first 'Think Pink' Blanket which raised £102.00 for Breast Cancer Care.  I am sure she will do a wonderful job of the Olympic Blanket too! All proceeds will be going towards Alzheimers here in the UK which effects so many people. It is such a distressing condition for both the sufferer and members of the family.

Can I remind you of the wonderful Squares we have received so far!

Olympic Squares.


Olympic Squares.


Olympic Squares to date.


'Y' for our 'Olympic Challenge!'.


BrendaS2 'Your Olympic Square' has arrived thank you!


Maria-Jesus (UK) Your Olympic Squares have arrived today! Thank you!


'Weightlifting' for our Olympic Challenge. A great Square thank you!


The Squares have to be edged in one row of crochet before the assembling. That's as far as I can go for now......

Olympic Squares WIP!


So please send in your Olympic Squares. Let's get this Blanket as large as we possibly can. I was thinking of doing a few smaller ones. But I want this hopefully to have a 'wow' factor! So I'm going for BIG!

Thanks to everyone that has already sent in Squares for this particular Challenge. It has been running quite a while now, but as I say 3Oth March is now my 'cut off point'. So please pick up your hooks and needles and use your imagination. I hope the above Squares inspire you!

Any queries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@talktalk.net
My address will be available on request I don't put it on any of the 'SIBOL' web sites.

Thank you for your support.

x Sue x



THURSDAY'S UPDATE!

I am adding on to this post because I think it most appropriate to do so.
This morning on waking I found a box in my porch. On opening I found roughly 100 beautifully coloured Squares. One Square was crocheted and all the others were knitted.

Diana & 'Yate Knitwits' (UK) Your Squares arrived today! Thank you so...much!



I would like to thank Diana for sending this box on to me on behalf of her 'Yate Knitwits' Group. This is what she wrote in her letter.

"When our Ladies heard that you were fund raising for dementia, they were keen to contribute; hopefully your can use these squares as fillers or for another project.  The misshapen ones are knitted by a lady who has dementia".

I am extremely touched by everyone's kindness, especially of course the Lady who suffers herself with dementia. Each and every one of these Squares have been gratefully received by myself and I shall use them where-ever  
I can. I would like to say straight away that the red, blue and white ones will definitely be going in our 'Olympic Blanket'.

I have sorted out the red, blue and white Squares for our Olympic Blanket.


Maybe if you are visiting 'SIBOL' you feel you want to help towards our 'Olympic Blanket' but are a little stuck thinking what Square to make! Well why not send some plain red, blue and white ones! I can assure you they will be great for our Blanket. We really want this Olympic Blanket to be successful and that means 'BIG'. Yes we are going for a 'whopper!'.  Let's try and raise some 'serious money' for Alzheimers. Can you help? Please try.

Now let's have a look at the gorgeous Squares that have arrived this morning. Thank you so much Diana and 'Yate Knitwits!'. I am extremely grateful to you all.

 I have made a Slide Show for you!



Created with flickr slideshow.


Thanks to everyone!

x Sue x

1 comment:

  1. What a nice surprise! I see a lot of love in these squares.

    ReplyDelete