Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Tuesday 21 February 2012

What to do with your unwanted stash!

Hello Everyone!

Thank you so much for popping in to 'SIBOL'.  If you are visiting us for the first time I'm very pleased you have stumbled across us!

As you all know we have certain Challenges set each year and it's always so nice to see so many of you take part.  But amongst the recent Challenges I set, I also made some 'Optional Challenges'.  If you follow the link to our Challenge Blog you will be able to read all about them.

One of the Challenges was to make a Large Granny Square Blanket and my idea for this came to me over Christmas when I was taking a little time out from 'SIBOL' to make a few of my own. I just loved the process so much. I found it just so relaxing and what an ideal way to use up that 'unwanted stash'.  You could in fact just make a magic ball of yarn up by tying the ends together and continually going round and round until you had made a 36 - 38" Square or you could use co-ordinating yarn like our dear Joanna has done!

This morning I had a large parcel arrive from Joanna. On opening,  that 'Wow' word came out of my mouth! For inside I found two beautiful Large Granny Square Blankets. She is a secretive Lady, I thought she was busy making socks and here I find two gorgeous Blankets for our Elderly folk.

These Blankets are just so pretty!



Joanna said in her note this morning, 'I decided to make one to use up those bits of wool and not quite full balls. So I made the Blue and Green Blanket. I then decided to make one for a Lady'. I must admit this is my favourite of the two. I really love making these and have made a bit of a dent in my stash too!'.

Well Joanna, thank you so much the Blankets are absolutely gorgeous and I think it was an excellent way to use some of your 'unwanted stash'. I am very grateful to you. These Blankets are just so lovely and they certainly are very warm indeed. I have had great fun taking photos this morning and I'm now very pleased to be showing you Joanna's Blankets. The Butterflies were out of my 'Butterfly Stash'. Talking of Butterflies, please do take a 'SIBOL Butterfly' from the right hand side bar. These Blankets are going to be so well received from our Elderly folk.









Does it really matter if we make our SIBOL Blankets from 'just Squares?'. I don't think so.......I'm sure the Elderly would welcome any warm Blanket whether it be from Squares or a Large  Granny Square Blanket.  It might suit some Ladies to make one Large Granny Square rather than 6" Squares. If you are interested at all I have all the details over on SIBOL CHALLENGES. So if you love Crocheting or Knitting please join us. Of course if you prefer to make a Knitted Blanket you are most welcome too as well. Our Group is open to anyone if you'd like to join us. For any other enquiries please mail me Sue on sueatpigsty@talktalk.net

Joanna I am very, very grateful to you.  Later on in the year I shall be making my next delivery and I am sure your Blankets will be loved very much by the people who receive them. Thank you so much.

We are doing a second 'Think Pink' Blanket and Joanna has offered her services. If you are interested in submitting a pink Square for this special 'Breast Cancer Awareness' Blanket please follow the link to RAVELRY.  As you know the first one raised £102.00 for this brilliant cause. We thought we would get another one ready in time for October.  You will need to put your name down so please pop over to the thread.

If anyone would like to send in their favourite Square to me, I would be most happy to send on to Inside Crochet magazine. They are asking their readers to pick out their favourite. I thought it would be nice to send 25 from our Group to them. If you are interested follow the link to RAVELRY please.

Well an exciting day here at SIBOL HQ. Thank you Joanna, and thanks to everyone for visiting 'SIBOL' today I hope you have enjoyed our Slide Show!

x Sue x









2 comments:

  1. Joanna's blankets are gorgeous, lovely colours and beautifully even stitching. I agree, they will be very warming and will drape comfortingly over the knees of the recipients.

    ReplyDelete