Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Friday 18 November 2011

A surprise on a Friday!

Hello Everyone and thanks for popping in to SIBOL!

Well this morning my Postman arrived pretty early and left a parcel on the floor of my porch. I wasn't expecting anything. On opening I found a great pile of Squares and some beautiful Butterflies. Who from?
Our dear friend 'jean nock'.
jean nock (UK) Your Squares, Butterflies and 'a Blanket' arrived Today! Thank you!


Don't you think they are just splendid? I think both Squares and Butterflies are just 'perfect'.
But not only did I receive Squares and Butterflies, I also received a beautiful Blanket which she had made completely herself. She had made this and donated to SIBOL. I am always so grateful for Squares and Butterflies but to receive a whole made up Blanket is just marvellous.  I'm sure you will agree it is so 'vibrant'. The border really finishes the Blanket off beautifully. I am just so overwhelmed 'jean nock' with your kindness shown to our SIBOL project.

Now let's take a look at these gorgeous Squares closer.

What a fantastic Blanket! The whole Blanket has been donated to SIBOL from jean nock! Golly you have made this so quickly! I am so grateful to you, thank you so much!


Truly, truly beautiful. I love it. It will be put with the other two boxes of Blankets I have ready for next weeks delivery. This has arrived just in time, oh I am so touched by your kindness. Thank you so much.

I have made a Slide Show for you now but of course it's for everyone else too.





Created with flickr slideshow.


I would love to remind you about the voting taking place over on Inside Crochet. If you think SIBOL is worthy of a vote, please follow the link.  It is for 'Favourite Craft Blog 2011'. Thank you!

Thanks so much for popping in and please go back and read previous posts thank you!

x Sue x

3 comments:

  1. All the squares look so nice - and the blanket is beautiful. Jean did great work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, lovely lovely squares, wonderful colours, and pretty butterflies. Well done Jean. B-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue, That is one pretty blanket, love that blue edging! And the squares and butterflies are perfect, great job!
    Love,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete