Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Tuesday 9 August 2011

Squares from the Netherlands and the UK!

Hello Everyone!

Wow! That's all I can say today. I am absolutely over the moon with some Squares that Laura has sent in from the Netherlands.  I have received 55 Squares! Laura has made such a quantity of Squares for SIBOL. They are in various colours pinks, reds, greens, lilacs, turquoises, greys, whites, and all in different patterns too.  I am absolutely amazed at how hard our SIBOLETTES work for our project.

I know I've said before many times but I would never have imagined back in January 2010 that we would be receiving so....many Squares and making such a lot of Blankets.  This project has gone from strength to strength and I just couldn't have done it without you all. I know for a fact our 'Sunshine Blankets' are making a difference to Elderly people.

I'm sure you want to see Lauras' Squares.  I have made a Slide Show please make yourself a cup of coffee and just take in all these little beauties, they are so lovely.

Laura (Netherlands) Your Squares have arrived! Thank You!






Created with flickr slideshow.


I told you they were nice! Thank you so much Laura.




I've just this minute had a second post.  BrendaS2 has very kindly sent in some Squares for SIBOL. Thank you so much Brenda.

Brenda has chose to make Squares from the Jan Eaton Book. The Numbers are 87 'Peony' and 86 'Sunray'.
These are lovely Squares and the colour combinations are wonderful together.  I also received a pretty Square which we think is called 'Origami' and another one which we don't know the name of.

Such pretty Squares, I love them....>


Thank you BrendaS2 for making the Squares, I love them.  I'm very grateful to you.  I'm sure you would love to see the Squares now.




Created with flickr slideshow.


Gorgeous aren't they? Thank you!

I'm off to find my next Blanket to show you.

x Sue x

1 comment: