Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Friday 5 August 2011

I'm chuffed to pieces! SATURDAY'S UPDATE! Squares from the States and UK. and......a Sunshine Blanket arrives!

Good Morning Everyone!

Wow! I'm so pleased this morning.  Once again we have managed to get into one of the UK's leading Knitting magazines and I'm as pleased as punch!

Boy! Was I surprised last night! SIBOL have done it again! ..........>


I have to thank 'Sarah' who very kindly enquired about our project. She mentioned to me that SIBOL was featured 'wait for it' in a special 15 page 'Charity' supplement.

We have been acknowledged as a Charity!..........>


I instantly went out to the local supermarket and bought a copy. Who wouldn't?  I couldn't even get past the till before opning it.  Inside was a page which showed Crocheted Squares and they were asking their readers to 'Make these for 'Sunshine International Blankets of Love!' so that we could make Blankets for older people.

The magazine were asking their readers to make Squares for 'maybe' our Charity! How wonderful is that! I'm so...pleased!

If you want to try this Square out, please do.  Mark your Square with a tag 'Knit Today' and we will see how many we get. I'm thinking we could make a Special 'Knit Today' Blanket using these particular Squares and then email them a photo. Hoping then that they will advertise our Group again in one of their magazines showing our Blanket. Good idea? I hope so.... OOH I do get excited!!!! Of course the Blanket will go to our Elderly folk in Nursing Homes afterwards. 

Have a go! It won't take long to make these Squares.
Any queries
Sue on sueatpigsty@talktalk.net

I have to thank  Knit Today! Why not pop out and buy a copy!  I am absolutely over the moon with this. The main thing for me is that our group seems to be 'established' and Editors are now picking up on us! Sending their readers in our direction is just absolutely fantastic.

I do hope new visitors to our web site will check out our remaining Challenges and indeed take part in our special Olympic Blanket which we are collecting Squares for now.

It's really made my day and I'm very grateful to Sarah I didn't even realise it was time for the magazine to come out again. I do try to buy the latest ones.

SATURDAY'S UPDATE!

Well I've had a very busy morning here at HQ! :)

I've had three sets  of Squares arrive and I've been busy photographing them.

The first set has come in from the States, I have to thank bienzfive!  bienzfive has taken part in our 'Grow Me A Garden' Challenge, the 'Textured' Challenge and also 'Winter Wonderland'.  Her Squares are just amazing! I'm sure you would like to have a look at them.

bienzfive (UK) Your Squares arrived today! Thank You!

Thank you so much bienzfive and now sit back and enjoy your Slide Show!


Created with flickr slideshow.


The next set of Squares have arrived from Glynis here in the UK.  Glynis and myself have become very good friends because her Mother resides at one of the homes I visited recently.  We often have a chat on the telephone now and of course Crocheting is our 'common bond' if you like.

Glynis has made gorgeous Squares for our SIBOL project and she knows first hand how important our 'Sunshine Blankets' are to our Elderly folk. 

Glynis (UK) Your Squares arrived today! Thank you!


Created with flickr slideshow.


I don't know whether Glynis will get to see her Slide Show but I will be sending her a copy of this web page.
Thank you so much.

The third set of Squares has come in from Coxabey (RAV) (UK).,

It always amazes me how kind Ladies are towards my SIBOL project.  Today not only did I receive Squares from Coxabey, I also received wait for it ........a 'Sunshine Blanket'.  Yes that's right! Coxabey has very kindly been making her own Sunshine Blanket over the past few months and I have been watching her progress over on Ravelry. This morning I received it. Now I am going to do a proper Ta - Dah! but first of all I have to sort the ribbon out, and make the Butterflies.  So I will be showing it very soon.  But I'm going to let you have a 'little' look.

Coxabey (UK) Your Squares and 'Sunshine Blanket' have arrived! What a kind Lady making these for SIBOL! Wow! Gorgeous!

Now keep tuned and as soon as I can I will be doing one of our 'official' Ta - Dah's! Thank you so...much Coxabey for working so hard on this Blanket and indeed your SIBOL Squares. I am over the moon this morning and your kindness is very much appreciated.

I've made a Slide Show for you, sit back and enjoy!


Created with flickr slideshow.


I'm sorry I've tagged this on to yesterday's post, but I really did want you to know about the magazine.

Have a lovely weekend everyone!

x Sue x

6 comments:

  1. Hi Sue,
    best wishes for the weekend
    Crissi

    ReplyDelete
  2. waw!!
    how exciting!!

    have a good summer sue :-)

    lots of kisses

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Sue, that is terrific and well deserved. Happy Friday and have a great weekend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowww....congratulations!!!
    Have a wonderful weekend Sue!

    ~X~ Karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blimey thats huge!!!Managed to get on the computer at last. I have competition these holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited too Sue. They just can't help (everyone) talking about SIBOL! I think it's because they are turning out so pretty & handsome (for the gents)! SIBOL is world wide! All the credit for starting this project goes to you, Sue. Congrats for taking this challenge and making it work perfectly all around :']
    XXXX

    ReplyDelete