Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Friday 12 August 2011

Friday's Squares from the Netherlands.

Good Afternoon Everyone!

First of all may I say thank you for emails I have received from my friends all over the world concerned for me and my family with regard to the troubles in the UK. I have to say we live very near to the centre of Birmingham only 7 miles away and of course we have been upset seeing the TV. I would just like to say we are fine and thank you so much for your concern.

Secondly, our last Sunshine Blanket has been named. Thank you to Lovestitches who has named it  'Autumn Fields'. I do think it has an Autumn feel to it. We are half way through August now and Autumn will soon be here. We've had a strange summer what with hail storms, rain and extreme heat.

Thirdly, would anyone like to have a go at the 'Knit Today' Blanket we are making. Last week Knit Today very kindly had a Charity Supplement inside their magazine and they very kindly put up a special pattern to try. At the top of the page it said why not make it for Sunshine Blankets?  I was over the moon to know that they recognise our work. I thought it would be nice to make a Blanket for the homes and call it the 'Knit Today Blanket' and then send a photo up to the magazine. Hoping for a mention again.  Here's the page for you to look at and if you would like a copy please mail me
 Sue on sueatpigsty@talktalk.net

The magazine were asking their readers to make Squares for 'maybe' our Charity! How wonderful is that! I'm so...pleased!

Please make it in any scraps you have. Let's see what we can come up with.

I'm really pleased to be showing you some Squares which have come in from Karin in the Netherlands.
Karin has made Squares for our Textured and Winter Wonderland Challenges. They are just so....pretty!

Karin also crocheted me a beautiful bracelet for my Birthday, thank you so...much.

Karinaandehaak (Austria) Your Squares have arrived! Thank You!

Your Squares are lovely Karin and here's a Slide Show for you!



Created with flickr slideshow.


I have had an extremely busy week uploading our new Sunshine Blankets and indeed new Squares. I would like to thank everyone that has contributed Squares for the latest Blankets.  The Blankets have had such wonderful comments and I am chuffed to pieces that you like them.

I would also like to thank new Ladies for enquiring about our Challenges. Some of our Challenges are ending at the end of August so do try and get your Squares in quickly now. It's just a rough deadline date. I don't always start making up the Blankets as soon as the date ends, so if they are a little late that's fine. Squares in the Challenges are used up quicker than other Squares that are sent in. I wish I could crochet quicker because I hate keeping you waiting, but that's just how it is.

Lastly on a fun note....I  recently had a photo shoot done with my Daughter. If you'd like a laugh please go to Mrs Twins.

I am just doing a Blanket now for ATheeC, and when that's done I am to assemble the Jan Eaton Blanket. It's all go at SIBOL, but I'm loving it. Hope you are too!

Hugs Sue x



2 comments: