Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Friday 10 June 2011

Will this Square give you inspiration?

Good Afternoon Everyone!

I'm so excited today because a Square has arrived for our 'Olympic Blanket' from Laura in the UK.  Thank you so much!

Laura has Crocheted a Square with the 'Gold Medal' in mind.  She actually deserves one herself for this fine piece of work. It's absolutely gorgeous! Take a look at this.

Fantastic Square Laura for our 'Olympic Challenge'. You get a 'Gold Medal' yourself for this wonderful Square! Doesn't she Ladies?

Well if that doesn't inspire you I don't know what will!  What a fantastic Square I'm so pleased and 'grateful' Laura.  Don't forget Ladies if you want to make a Square for our 'Olympic Blanket' please pop over to SIBOL CHALLENGES for the details. I'm also inviting you to make a Square for our Olympic Blanket which has the Flag of your Country on. So why not Crochet or Knit one? The Blanket will be sold on EBAY to raise money for a UK Charity. (Haven't decided which one yet).

Laura has also made a Square for our 'Winter Wonderland' Blanket. Now I have got enough white Squares for one Blanket already. I'm going to do a second one and then that's it. So get your Squares in if you want to have a go. The deadline is a few months away, but if I get enough for a second Blanket I will then be closing the Challenge.

Square for our 'Winter Wonderland' Challenge! Thank you so much Laura for the Squares!

Great Square for this Challenge too, thank you very much Laura.

I love both the Squares and I am terribly grateful to you.

Laura (UK) Your Squares arrived today! Thank you!

May I also remind you the Jan Eaton Squares must be in by the end of June, the Challenge will end then.  Details of our Challenges are over on SIBOL CHALLENGES.

Thank you again Laura, I love your Squares! I  also have some good news for you tomorrow, but I must ask Mr. Twins to scan something for me. I haven't mastered the Scanner yet.

Please pop over to Raverly SIBOL Group and put your name down for our SIBOL Swaps which are currently running. Arien 156 is organising the Swaps, and they are very successful.  Thank you Arien156.

Have a great day everyone, thanks for visiting SIBOL today!

x Sue x

2 comments:

  1. Hello Suex,
    yes the granny square for the Olympics is really nice.
    I wish you a wonderful weekend
    Love castings
    Crissi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue, Finally getting a chance to comment, been reading but just quick visits. Is anyone doing an Australian flag for the Olympic Blanket?

    ReplyDelete