Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Friday 8 April 2011

We've hit the Big 60! Two Ta-Dah's and Squares from the UK!

Good Afternoon Everyone!

Well today we have hit the Big 60! Well actually it's 61 because today we have a double Ta - Dah!
Before I show you the latest 'Sunshine Blankets' I would like to thank everyone who has very kindly sent me in Squares for SIBOL.  Without the help of you lovely Ladies I wouldn't be able to do what we are doing making Blankets for the Elderly in the UK! We have now assembled 61 'Sunshine Blankets' totalling  1,525 Squares.  It's absolutely amazing to think that we have made this many when my initial idea was to make 6!  So thank you to everyone that has sent me Squares I am most grateful to you!

It's always such a pleasure to receive your Squares and I'm just so pleased that you are interested in SIBOL!

Well yesterday I had a box arrive from the States.  Ooh, yes a great book on Crocheted borders, but what's underneath? You'll have to wait a few minutes to find out. But first.....

What's in the Box I wonder? From the States!

......... you'll be very pleased to know that the second Jan Eaton Blanket is now finished. Thank you so much for taking part in this Challenge. For this Challenge I asked everyone who visits SIBOL if they would like to choose a Block from the Jan Eaton 200 Crochet Blocks for Blankets, Throws and Afghans, numbers 26 - 50.  We have already assembled a Blanket using the first 25 Squares from her book. The Squares came in over the last three months and it's been a joy to make a Blanket using them.

First of all I will show you Jan Eaton 1.  Numbers 1 to 25.

Ta - Dah! Introducing SIBOL 45! Jan Eaton (1). 'Please add note if you see your Square! :)

and here is Number 2. Numbers 26 to 50.

SIBOL 60! We've hit the Big 60! 'Jan Eaton 2'. Thanks to everyone who has contributed Squares for this Challenge. .....>

The Squares have been made beautifully and I didn't stipulate what colours to use, I just left it to you. I think they all go together really well! So thank you very much!





Now for this box.......  I have 'SIBOLETTES' all over the World as far as Australia and the States. It's amazing when you think how far their Squares  actually have to travel to get to my home. But on occasions they travel a bit further. Months ago Kate 'The Garden Bell' and myself were chatting about making the Blankets up and because I was setting 'SIBOL' up I never got round to it before.  But a couple of months ago I parcelled 25 Purple Squares up and sent them over to Kate. So........yesterday her box arrived.  Inside was a lovely book on Borders  but what did I find underneath?

I'm very grateful to The Garden Bell, she has assembled a Blanket for me, it's called 'Purple Rain!' Thank you so much!

Yes Kate had sent her 'Sunshine Blanket' back all finished, beautifully tied up with a ribbon and she had crocheted a flower too. She really has made a great job of the Blanket and I'm very pleased to receive it back after quite a 'traumatic journey!'.  I thought the Squares were never going to arrive in the States, I think it took nearly 4 weeks!

SIBOL 61 'Purple Rain' - assembled and named by 'The Garden Bell' Kate! Fabulous job Kate! 'Please add note' if you see your Square! Thanks to everyone who contributed Squares for this Blanket!..........>

So thank you Kate and I hope you enjoyed your own Challenge!


This morning I had three Squares arrive from crochet3love here in the UK!  crochet3love had made three Squares with a tropical island in mind.  Ooh, wouldn't that be nice to fly  off somewhere hot and laze about drinking cocktails all day long.  She's suggesting we do a ' Tropical theme'. Would you be interested? I think it's a fantastic idea.  So over the next few days I will be officially announcing a Tropical theme and also the third Blanket using the Jan Eaton Squares 51 to 75. 

I would love you to take a look at crochet3loves' Squares, they are simply beautiful.

Just look at this beautiful Square 'A Bird of Paradise!'. OOh it's so lovely! Thank you for the Squares!

A 'Bird of paradise'.

A pineapple, cocktail drink! OOh what fun!

A' Pineapple, cocktail drink'.

and a Tropical Flower, brightly coloured.

This could be a brightly coloured 'tropical flower?' I think....Thanks so much crochet3love! I love your Squares and........>

Thank you crochet3love, I will certainly be doing a 'Tropical themed Challenge' announcing in a few days time.

So.....thank you Kate and crochet3love I do appreciate your help very much. I hope you have enjoyed looking at the new SIBOL Squares received today and the new 'Sunshine Blankets' also!

Bye for now, have a good weekend,

x Sue x

5 comments:

  1. The lavender afghan is gorgeous as are all the blankets. I love the tropical themed squares that crochet3love put together too, what fun. Hope you are having a great day Mrs. Twins. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everuthing so beautiful.Have a wonderful weekend you all.

    Xo,Xo,Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Un post lleno de hermosos trabajos, teneis magia en las manos.
    Bss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!
    It's unbelievable, 60 already...
    The blankets are wonderful as well as the new squares.
    ~X~ Karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and inspiring as always. Kate did a great job on putting the purple one together. And those squares from crochet3love are like little works of art. Wonderful! Have a fabulous day. Tammy

    ReplyDelete