Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Tuesday 5 April 2011

Squares arrive from the USA and UK today!

Good Afternoon Everyone!

I have lots of new Squares to show you  today but first of all  may I thank you for the great emails I receive from you.  It really makes my day when you write and tell me how worthwhile you think our 'SIBOL' project is and how much you enjoy looking at the different Squares and indeed the 'Sunshine Blankets' when they are made up.  Your comments too about the 'SIBOL' web-site are very much appreciated! So thank you!

It's always nice to welcome new visitors and indeed new 'SIBOLETTES!'.

Well some really nice Squares have arrived today.  First of all I want to show you the last Jan Eaton Square to arrive. This is No. 50 'Seminole'. This is such a nice Square and I'm really pleased it's arrived because now I can finish the 'Jan Eaton' Blanket off. So thank you very much Tracy I really do appreciate your help. I love the colours in the Square and I love the pattern.

tracystroebel (UK) Jan Eaton No. 50 'Seminole' Thank you!

I have also had some pretty Squares arrive from the States today. Devilwmn (RAV) has very kindly sent me these gorgeous Squares. The yarn is just lovely. The colours and patterns are nice too!

Sit back Devilwmn and have a look at your pretty Squares in your very own Slide Show! Thanks so much for sending these Squares to SIBOL!



Created with flickr slideshow from softsea.


Last but not least, are some lovely Knitted Squares from Melanie in the UK. Melanie is in the 'same line of business' as myself  you might say! 'Making Blankets!'.  Would you like to pop over to her blog? She too is always in need of Knitted Squares to help her with various projects.  She makes lovely Baby Blankets and sends Blankets out to Gambia and other worthwhile causes also.  She has sent me such a lot of Squares although they are smaller than what I normally use I have plans for them! They are all in lovely colours and I appreciate them Melanie thank you! I've also made you a Slide Show Melanie, sit back with a cup of tea and enjoy looking at your Squares.



Created with flickr slideshow from softsea.


I do hope you have enjoyed looking at the latest Squares today. It's always such a pleasure to show you what comes in for our 'Sunshine Blankets' for the Elderly.  I really enjoy making the Blankets up for this worthwhile cause and I know you enjoy making the Squares 'so please  keep them comin!' :)

Have a good day. It's been pretty miserable here this morning, but it's starting to brighten up now.

x Sue x

2 comments:

  1. hi sue thankyou so much for putting a word out there for me , and you are very welcome to the squares , as you say we are all in the same buisness , and if i can help then i will , keep up all the good work all , love mel k1 p1 project xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. φίλη μου η δουλειά σου είναι φανταστική!!!
    μπράβο!!!

    ReplyDelete