Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Friday 18 March 2011

FINAL SHOUT OUT FOR R.W. SQUARES!

Good Afternoon Everyone!

CHALLENGES FOR 2011. (THE  ONLY ONES REMAINING NOW!)

Spring Blanket.

I'm asking for some really pretty picture Squares for this blanket. I loved doing the Seaside Blanket and the Ladies in the Home just loved looking at the different Squares.

So can you Crochet or Knit a Square, it has to have 'Spring' in mind. Anything to do with
Nature. Butterflies (my favourite), Birds Nests, Birdies, Caterpillars, Bees, Spring Flowers, Bluebells, Daffodils, Crocus etc.,

Have a think and see what you can come up with.
Limit 3 Squares each.
SQUARES MUST BE 6" X 6" (15cms x 15cms) to be accepted into this Blanket.
Deadline End MARCH (EXTENDED).


Farmyard Blanket.

Let's make another Picture Blanket, rather like the Seaside one again which we did. The theme is the 'Farmyard'. So let's have Squares with some Pigs, Cows, Barns, Tractors. Or you could make a Granny Square in the colours of the corn, grass, wheat. It could even be a picture of the Farmer and his Wife!

It's up to you.
Limit 3 Squares each.
SQUARES MUST BE 6" X 6" (15cms x 15cms) to be accepted into this Blanket.
Deadline End of April.


Thank you all so much for the Royal Wedding Squares.  The Squares have all been amazing and I have been so grateful for them, let's see what happens now.

My Challenge has ended now. Today is the last day.

Do you have any on it's way to me? Could you let me know please? Many thanks.
sueatpigsty@talktalk.net

I can wait for you, but I will need to know how many I am finally going to get, so I can plan now.


Royal Wedding Set 1.

Thank you.

I would also be happy to receive Flower Squares which are always nice to have here to make Flower Blankets for the Elderly.

It's a lovely sunny day here in the UK, bit nippy but it's lovely. I do hope you all have a nice weekend, thanks for visiting SIBOL today!


x Sue x

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sue, in fact today I noticed the blanket you have on your lap in the photo in your blog to the right and is beautiful! so are you finished? if so you are an artist of the needle and thread, the art of knitting, I love the fabric but do not understand, do not know how to do it, even so, recognize your magnificent work, a hug, Rose Marie

    ReplyDelete