Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Monday 27 September 2010

Monday Squares from the UK!

Hello Everyone!

Well it's certainly a miserable day here today in the UK. Wet, dull, miserable. Nevermind we have some Squares to brighten the day.

First of all is anyone having problems with 'Blogger?'  I've been getting 'service unavailable' all weekend. I'm unable to comment and blogs aren't opening. So...annoying!!

I would like to thank Jane so much from Australia. She has very kindly allowed us the pattern to the Butterfly Square. She has also made a fantastic video tutorial so I do hope you will check the previous post out. I can't thank her enough. Her Squares are just gorgeous.  The volume on the video is just perfect, instructions are clear.  Well done Jane!  I can't link you at the moment with Janes' blog. But go to the previous post.

The other thing is 'Mom's Blanket'.   Thank you all very much for your kind comments, I shall be letting you know around November.  At the moment she is saying she would rather it go to a Nursing Home near to where my Grandmother lived. So I'll let you know thank you.

Many thanks for all the wonderful Squares.  Our Challenges apart from the Jan Eaton are coming to an end on the 30th September. If you are in the process of making Squares for these Challenges please send them in. Of course I will be accepting Squares 'any colour etc.,' after this date  if you still want to use any of that spare yarn up but the actual Challenges will end the 30th.  I think everyone will be wanting to do their own Christmas Crocheting and Knitting, I don't want to hold anyone up.  I'm really so grateful to you all you have been so....very supportive and I can't thank you enough.

Then I will be making the Blankets up ready for delivery in November to the Nursing homes. But as you know I really want to carry this on in 2011, if you still want to! Then the Challenges will start again, so we need ideas!

I am very happy to show you some Squares that came in from 'Pink Flower' Rachael (UK)  I do hope you will visit her blog.

Wonderful Squares from Rachael for SIBOL. Thank You!

Rachael, I am pleased to show case your Squares in your very own Slide Show!



Created with flickr slideshow from softsea.


Aren't they just lovely? Thank you so much Rachael, have a good day everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Yea, I had those same annoying "service unavailable" messages too from Blogger over the weekend! I didn't know if it was just my blog or if it was affecting everyone. So, I complained to my hubby - who, of course, couldn't do anything about it. But he did "clean up" my cookies and temporary files yesterday cause I thought maybe that was why blogger was so slow. I hope Blogger fixed the problem. Well, breakfast dishes are done and now on to the laundry. Good old Monday morning! Have a lovely day Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also get probs with blogger but it happens on other sites too so I just presumed it was my computer. Loving the squares. I am going to have another go at some of the Jan Eaton blocks with a smaller hook and see if they are less wavy. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's a challenge for next year st patricks day squares and easter squares.
    Cant believe the weather is turning already.
    Happy crocheting

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll make a note thanks Bekka. x

    ReplyDelete