Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Monday 29 March 2010

Ta - Dah! Introducing 'The Irish Sunshine Blanket!'.

 Hi Everyone!
I hope everyone who visits 'SIBOL' has had a good weekend! I'm very pleased to say that with the help of your Squares I have finished 'Sunshine no. 5'. My Husband thought that the Blanket had an Irish feel to it and a Friend over on Flickr Stricksusi, Susanna suggested we call the Blanket 'The Irish Sunshine Blanket'. I spent Sunday afternoon finishing the edging off, and then outside into the Garden to take a photograph as I always do. I always have a look around to see if anyone is looking out of their window, on this occasion I got caught! Do you ever do that? Anyway, here's the Blanket. OOh! I'm very pleased to say that the photograph above has made it into Explore on Flickr coming in yesterday at 260. So well done Ladies!.

I do hope the Ladies over on the MSE thread are checking in to see how we are doing. They do a lot of Knitting and Crocheting for Charities too. Three of the Ladies have already donated Squares to our project. That's Maytaurus, Linda and of course Kathy! Thank you!

Could I ask if anyone would like to take a bit of our 'Sunshine' and grab the button to spread the 'SIBOL' word please do so. We all want the 'SIBOL' project to grow, and the more people taking part the better it will be. Thank you!

I'm off after tea to finish the next Blanket. I've already crocheted the Squares together.

Sunday afternoon with my 'SIBOL'.

I walk out into the Garden looking around to see whether any of my Neighbours are looking through their windows. Today I was caught out!  :(  Oh well never  mind!

Have a good day everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Sue, the photos are lovely and the blankets look stunning displayed together. I don't understand explore - is it how many people have viewed the photo? but whatever it is it is an achievement for you to be proud of and I am proud to be a tiny cog in a growing wheel!!! **Kim**x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sue this latest blanket is stunning !!
    I can see a couple of my squares and ,as usual, you have done a brilliant job of co-ordinating them all. Love your green frilly border too :0)
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete